- Shannon Levandowski
- 5 Hours 1 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 16, 2014
There is social policy in children’s practice.
- Education policy for children and families
- Policies for children with disabilities
- Health policy for families
- Children’s mental health policy
- Policies for children with substance abuse
- Getting involved with advocacy efforts
There are ethical challenges.
- Personal morality
- Societal morality
- Group morality
- Ethics vs. moral
- Ethical distress
- Ethical dilemma
- Absolute/prima facie/conditional
The settings of healthcare.
- Patient rights
- Malpractice issues
- Breach of Duty
- Vicarious liability of others’ conduct
- Intentional wrongs
- Intentional tort
- Assault and battery
- Abuse (spouse and elder)
- False imprisonment
- Invasion of privacy
- Unreasonable intrusion
- Sexual misconduct
The settings of education.
- Student rights
- Freedom of speech
- Religious expression
- Technology: bullying/sexting
- Right to privacy
- School safety/zero tolerance
The decision process is ethical.
- Get the facts
- Determine nature of problem
- Explore alternatives and perspectives
- Complete the action decided
- Evaluate process and action
Evidence to support ethical practices.
- Investigate current practice
- Determine best practice strategies
Application and practice guides.
Shannon Levandowski is an OTD. He is an academic instructor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Dr. Levandowski is an AOTA board certified doctor. She holds AOTA Board Specialty Certification in School Systems and received her doctorate in OT from Boston University.
Dr. Levandowski has over 10 years of experience in the school setting with a primary focus on children in early childhood special education settings and transitioning families.
Common Core goal alignment, team collaboration, program development and management, and many evidenced-based interventions are some of the topics she is a national speaker on.
Shannon Levandowski is an instructor at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. She is paid by PESI, Inc.
Shannon Levandowski has no relevant non-financial relationship.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.net.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC 8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!