- Janina Fisher
- 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 09, 2013
The mechanisms of shame.
- The role of shame in traumatic experience
- Shame as an animal defense survival response
- Effects of shame on autonomic arousal
Shame is the Evolutionary Purpose.
- Shame and the attachment system
- Rupture and repair in attachment formation
Making meaning of shame.
- Feelings of disgust, degradation, and humiliation are interpreted as “who I am”
- Cognition and the body
- Internal working models predict the future and determine our actions
Working from the bottom up.
- The role of procedural learning and memory
- Physiological effects of mindful dual awareness
- Using mindfulness-based techniques to inhibit self-judgment
There is a new relationship to the shame.
- Re-contextualizing shame as a younger self or part
- Bringing our adult capacity to our childhood vulnerability
- Healing shame through compassionate acceptance
The healing of shame is part of the social engagement system.
- Social engagement and the ventral vagal system (Porges)
- The incompatibility of shame and social engagement
- The therapist’s own social engagement system as a healing agent
Janina Fisher is a doctor. The Trauma Center was founded by Bessel van der Kolk and is a research and treatment center. Dr. Fisher has been treating individuals, couples and families since 1980.
She is a past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation. Dr. Fisher teaches and lectures on topics related to the integration of neuroscience and trauma treatment into traditional therapeutic methods.
She is a co-author with Pat Ogden. Interventions for Attachment and Trauma are provided in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy. Also an author. The Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors are being healed. There is a forthcoming book. The neuroscience of trauma is being worked on. In the press.
Janina Fisher is in private practice. She is paid by PESI, Inc.
Janina Fisher does not have a relevant non-financial relationship.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.net .
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC 8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!